KYOCERA Provides Solar Power Generating System for Palau’s Largest Solar Project
Island nation’s airport to be powered by the sun
25 January 2012
Kyoto / Neuss − Kyocera Corporation announced that it has supplied a solar power generating system for the Republic of Palau international airport — the 226.8kW solar installation is the largest to be completed on the island nation located roughly 500 miles east of the Philippines. The design and implementation of the parking lot solar project was a joint collaboration between Kyocera and Wakachiku Construction Co., Ltd., which was realized with funding by the Japanese government’s Official Development Assistance (ODA) to help contribute to the country’s growth.
The solar modules are installed on the top of shading structures in the parking lot. The solar power generating system, which is the first grid-connected system in the country, is comprised of 1,080 Kyocera 210W solar modules. Due to the high occurrence of typhoons on the island, the backside of the modules have been reinforced with extra support bars for enhanced wind-pressure resistance. The system is expected to produce an annual power output of 250MWh, off-setting roughly 80 tons of CO2 per year.
For more information about Kyocera Solar Energy: http://global.kyocera.com/reliability/
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 8.5MW Solar Power Plant on Reclaimed Island on Japan’s Largest Lake
- KYOCERA Launches Highly Robust Printhead for Digital Textile Printing
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Platinum-Free Soot-Sensing Element for Diesel Engines
- Kyocera Showcases The Benefits Of The Digital Transformation At The Gartner Symposium 2015
- KYOCERA Acquires Turkish Distributor and Creates New Sales Company
- KYOCERA Announces New Mobile Device-based Support Service in Japan for Healthy Lifestyle Modification*
- KYOCERA Announces Ultra-Wide Printhead Offering Simultaneous Four-Color Output for Industrial Inkjet Printing, from Textiles to Billboards
- KYOCERA Announces Resolution of Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Hanwha Q CELLS Japan Co., Ltd.
- KYOCERA Group to Exhibit “Future Technologies for 2020” at CEATEC JAPAN 2015 Tradeshow Oct. 7-10
- KYOCERA exhibits its latest innovations in the cutting tools sector at EMO Milan 2015
- KYOCERA “Eco-Lessons” Reach More Than 100,000 Primary School Children in Japan & China
- KYOCERA Develops one of the World’s Fastest 360dpi Recirculating Inkjet Printheads
- KYOCERA Document Solutions acquires Ceyoniq Group
- KYOCERA Announces Result of Tender Offer for Shares of Nihon Inter Electronics Corporation
- Kyocera introduces new touch feeling technology for real button feeling
Manager Corporate Communications