KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
08 May 2017
Oxford, United Kingdom, 8 May 2017 – One of the world’s most respected leaders and philanthropists – KYOCERA founder and chairman emeritus Dr Kazuo Inamori – will honour a group of leading academics and dignitaries on Tuesday by opening the inaugural Kyoto Prize lectures at Oxford University.
His opening lecture, titled ‘From a Society of Greed to a Society of Altruism’, marks the start of a two day programme of events which gathers together Kyoto Prize Laureates for lectures borne on the guiding principles of the award: to honour those who have contributed significantly to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual betterment of humankind.
The prestigious Kyoto Prize, first awarded in 1985, honours those who have excelled in one of three categories: Advanced Technology, Basic Sciences, and Arts and Philosophy.
Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V, said: “The Kyoto Prize is a world-renowned award which celebrates positive human impact on the world around us. At KYOCERA, we’re proud that its guiding principles form the essence of our company, very much in the mould of our founder Dr Inamori.”
The Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures will take place at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on May 9-10.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2016, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.48 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.1 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- EXCEPTIONAL RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE EARN KYOCERA SEVEN BLI 2018 WINTER PICK AWARDS
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- TAKUYA MARUBAYASHI APPOINTED NEW PRESIDENT OF KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EMEA
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators