KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
08 May 2017
Oxford, United Kingdom, 8 May 2017 – One of the world’s most respected leaders and philanthropists – KYOCERA founder and chairman emeritus Dr Kazuo Inamori – will honour a group of leading academics and dignitaries on Tuesday by opening the inaugural Kyoto Prize lectures at Oxford University.
His opening lecture, titled ‘From a Society of Greed to a Society of Altruism’, marks the start of a two day programme of events which gathers together Kyoto Prize Laureates for lectures borne on the guiding principles of the award: to honour those who have contributed significantly to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual betterment of humankind.
The prestigious Kyoto Prize, first awarded in 1985, honours those who have excelled in one of three categories: Advanced Technology, Basic Sciences, and Arts and Philosophy.
Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V, said: “The Kyoto Prize is a world-renowned award which celebrates positive human impact on the world around us. At KYOCERA, we’re proud that its guiding principles form the essence of our company, very much in the mould of our founder Dr Inamori.”
The Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures will take place at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on May 9-10.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2016, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.48 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.1 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- Inamori Foundation Announces Three Laureates of 2017 Kyoto Prize
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE ACHIEVES ISO27001 CERTIFICATION
- Kyocera Announces Innovative Epoxy Molding Compound, High-Thermal-Conductive Silver Sintering Paste and Revolutionary TOROKERU Sheet
- Kyocera Display Europe Appoints Manfred Sauer President
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA FOUNDER DR INAMORI OPENS KYOTO PRIZE AT OXFORD WITH PROFOUND EXPLORATION OF SOCIETY TODAY
- KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- KYOCERA Develops World’s Smallest Crystal Unit for Smartphones, Wearables
- KYOCERA Launches Lowest Cost IoT Service in Japan in Partnership with SIGFOX
- KYOCERA CROWNED GERMANY’S TOP PRINTING SUPPLIER IN NATIONAL SURVEY OF SALES PROFESSIONALS
- KYOCERA Workflow Manager Launched to Enhance Business-Critical Document Processes
- ew KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA: CHANGE WITH CONTINUITY
Manager Corporate Communications