KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
08 May 2017
Oxford, United Kingdom, 8 May 2017 – One of the world’s most respected leaders and philanthropists – KYOCERA founder and chairman emeritus Dr Kazuo Inamori – will honour a group of leading academics and dignitaries on Tuesday by opening the inaugural Kyoto Prize lectures at Oxford University.
His opening lecture, titled ‘From a Society of Greed to a Society of Altruism’, marks the start of a two day programme of events which gathers together Kyoto Prize Laureates for lectures borne on the guiding principles of the award: to honour those who have contributed significantly to the scientific, cultural, and spiritual betterment of humankind.
The prestigious Kyoto Prize, first awarded in 1985, honours those who have excelled in one of three categories: Advanced Technology, Basic Sciences, and Arts and Philosophy.
Takahiro Sato, President of KYOCERA Document Solutions Europe B.V, said: “The Kyoto Prize is a world-renowned award which celebrates positive human impact on the world around us. At KYOCERA, we’re proud that its guiding principles form the essence of our company, very much in the mould of our founder Dr Inamori.”
The Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures will take place at the Blavatnik School of Government, Oxford University, on May 9-10.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions, headquartered in Osaka, Japan, is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products as well as printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimise and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31 2016, KYOCERA Corporation's net sales totalled 1.48 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.1 billion). For more information and press-ready photos, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators
- Innovative, beautiful, durable: KYOCERA presents high-quality kitchen tools demonstrating the advantages of its ceramic technology
- KYOCERA WARNS OF PAPER DOCUMENT BLIND SPOT FOR GDPR COMPLIANCE WITH LAUNCH OF NEW GUIDE
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 21.1 MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA and 7 Other Companies Announce Progress of Development Plan for Max. 480-Megawatt Solar Power Project
- KYOCERA Introduces Irish Claddagh Ring Designed by Paul Costelloe, Using Hypoallergenic COBARION
- KYOCERA Receives Japan Environment Minister’s Award for Record 8th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA Develops Some of World’s Smallest Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors for Mobile Devices
- KYOCERA RECIEVES “HIGHLY RECOMMENDED” RATING FROM BLI FOR THIRTEEN PRODUCTS
- KYOCERA WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD FOR NEW MFPs
- KYOCERA to Expand Medical Product Development
- KYOCERA Breaks Ground on New Manufacturing Plant for Ceramic Structural Components in Kagoshima, Japan
- For the thirty-third time in its history, the Inamori Foundation has conferred the Kyoto Prize to researchers who have contributed to the fields of “Advanced Technology”, “Basic Science” and “Arts and Philosophy”
- A dream kitchen present under the Christmas tree
- KYOCERA Begins Research in AI-based Image Recognition to Help Diagnose Skin Diseases and Cancers via Smartphone