KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
29 November 2016
KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. (President: Takashi Kuki), one of the world's leading manufacturers of document imaging solutions and document management systems, is pleased to announce that its new A4 multifunctional products (MFPs) and printers, the ECOSYS M5526cdw, ECOSYS P5026cdw, ECOSYS M2640idw and ECOSYS P2040dw, have won the Good Design Award 2016 hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion (JDP), a public interest incorporated foundation.
These products received the award in recognition of their simple and compact design, which neatly fits on a desktop in the office, as well as for its usability—including low-noise operations and an easy-to-change toner cartridge. Every consideration was given to the design, taking account of how these business entry models of A4 MFPs and printers may be used in the office. A plain exterior was valued most in designing their external appearance minimizing the protrusions on the device’s casing.
Further, we achieved low-noise operations as these products are highly likely to be used at the side of a desk or in the office reception area. We also shortened I/O waiting times to ensure the prompt reception of work, thereby improving productivity. To suit the office layout, flexible installation is possible thanks to standard wireless LAN functionality. The products also come with a remote management tool with substantial functions, including batch settings for multiple MFPs and printers, streamlining the maintenance work undertaken by customers.
The evaluation by the judges stated: “The products are characterized by their downsized design and low-noise operations, as well as by operational efficiency, incorporating a remote setting tool with many functions, including a batch setting capability. The casing is compact and the operation panel is clear and easy to use. The entire design, including operability and ease of maintenance, is well considered to ensure smooth documentation-related tasks.”
* Release dates vary per country.
About Good Design Award
The Good Design Award is a comprehensive design-promotion system that picks good design out of a variety of unfolding phenomena, and aims to enrich our lives, industries, and society as a whole by highlighting and celebrating these works. It is hosted by the Japan Institute for Design Promotion, a public interest incorporated foundation. It's precursor, the Good Design Selection System (or G Mark System), was founded in 1957 by the Ministry of International Trade and Industry (the current Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry), and has been engaged in this work for about 60 years. Submissions come from a wide range of fields, and roughly 1200 designs are recognized every year. Over 59 years, around 43,000 designs have been recognized by the awards. Recipients of a Good Design Award are granted use of the G Mark symbol, which has been an emblem of good design for over half a century.
About KYOCERA Document Solutions
KYOCERA Document Solutions headquartered in Osaka, Japan is a leading manufacturer of document imaging solutions and document management systems, including colour and monochrome multifunctional products and printers and wide format devices. Kyocera’s products are renowned for their unique long-life imaging components that provide greater reliability and less waste - resulting in a lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) over the life of the product.
The KYOCERA Document Solutions portfolio does not stop at hardware. A full suite of business applications and consultative services allow customers to optimize and manage their document workflow, unleashing the full potential of their hardware investment. KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. is a core company of KYOCERA Corporation, the world's leading developer and manufacturer of advanced ceramics and associated products, including telecommunications equipment, semiconductor packages and electronic components. During the year ended March 31, 2016, Kyocera Corporation's net sales totalled 1.47 trillion yen (approx. USD 13.3 billion). For more information, visit https://www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu/.
- KYOCERA Corporation Names Hideo Tanimoto as New President
- ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE STRENGTHENS KDC LEADERSHIP TEAM
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA presents sushi tips from a professional chef: How to make the Japanese specialty dish at home
- KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
- New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
- Ambiente 2017: KYOCERA will present its new Shin knife series, featuring an innovative ceramic blade
- KYOCERA wins another award in recognition of its commitment to environmental protection
- KYOCERA Optical Blood-Flow Sensor is Among World’s Smallest for Wearable Devices, Smartphones
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA EXPANSION INTO ICT SECTOR BROADENED WITH ANNODATA ACQUISITION
- CRN CHANNEL CHAMPION 2016: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS GERMANY WINS TWO AWARDS
- KYOCERA, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Tokyo Century and Yonden Engineering Complete 14.5MW Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- A CELEBRATION OF ACHIEVEMENT: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AWARDS TOP EMEA SERVICE TECHNICIANS
Manager Corporate Communications