Kyocera Document Solutions introduces Mobile Print app
11 April 2012
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc., one of the world’s leading document solutions companies, introduces its latest mobile business application, Kyocera Mobile Print*. Available from April 2012, Kyocera Mobile Print helps mobile users to print and send files, scans and images from their mobile devices to selected Kyocera document imaging devices in their network.
With Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) driving mobility, employees want to connect their own iPhone, iPad or Android** Smartphone and tablet to enterprise resources. Kyocera’s innovative technology, powering both multifunctional products and mobile apps, makes the office a truly mobile experience for end users who just want a simple way to print and scan quickly from their mobile devices.
Oliver Kreth, General Manager European Marketing at Kyocera Document Solutions said: “With Kyocera Mobile Print, end users can print and scan files from their smartphones and tablets to Kyocera printers and multifunctional products (MFPs). Kyocera Mobile Print lets end users simplify their everyday document workflow making it much faster and easier when using iOS and compatible Android smartphones and tablets in the workplace.”
Kyocera Mobile Print offers the following functions:
- Device Discovery: Quickly and easily use WiFi to discover Kyocera printers and MFPs
- Print: Print photos, documents, or webpages stored on mobile devices from any file format including PDF, JPEG, PNG, TXT and HTML
- Job Accounting: Track print jobs when job accounting is enabled at the MFP or printer
- Scan: Scan documents from a Kyocera MFP and send them to a mobile device
- Email: Easily store and share documents stored in the app as email attachments
Supported devices are:
- iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch with iOS 4.2 or higher
- Android Smartphones with Android 2.2 or higher
- Android Tablet PCs with Android 3.0 or higher
- Kyocera printers and MFP devices with PDF-Direct Print 1.4 or higher
- The Kyocera Mobile Print app can be downloaded for free via the Android market place and iOS app stores.
* Kyocera Mobile Print is the property of Kyocera Document Solutions Inc.
** iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. AndroidTM is a trademark of Google Inc. Other names, such as those of products of other companies or trade names are the trademarks of registered trademarks of each company.
About Kyocera Document Solutions Europe B.V.
Kyocera Document Solutions is one of the world's leading office document solutions companies. Its range of products and services includes Ecosys printers, reliable multifunctional systems, high-quality consumables, a comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and Managed Document Services (MDS). Kyocera Document Solutions provides innovative products built on a foundation of long-life components. Its customers benefit from low total cost of ownership and high efficiency in any workplace. Its solutions portfolio and Managed Document Services division help customers to reduce costs and environmental impact at the same time as improving the efficiency and reliability of common business processes. For further information, visit: www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu.
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation, which marked its 50th anniversary in 2009. Ranked no. 604 on Forbes magazine’s 2011 “Global 2000” listing of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of high-tech ceramics, electronic components, solar cells and electronic office equipment. Kyocera’s long-term growth strategy is to focus on business that supports telecommunications, information processing, environmental protection and the preservation of quality of life.
- KYOCERA releases next-generation XGA LCD modules
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Century Tokyo Leasing Announce Construction of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- Kyocera Unimerco offers individual solutions for cutting tool production
- Kyocera unveils KYOCERA Net Manager; a solution that automates processes to improve business productivity
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA Unimerco to Acquire Lithuanian Woodworking Tool Manufacturer, Making it a Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- KYOCERA Starts R&D on World’s First High-Accuracy Bovine Estrus Sensor
- KYOCERA Develops New Cermet Grades for Cutting Tools Industry
- Kyocera Document Solutions INC appoints Takashi Kuki as president
- KYOCERA introduces small-format LCDs with increased temperature range for industrial applications
- Kyocera continues its sponsorship of the International Ice Hockey Federation's World Championship
- Kyocera, Energetik and Solare Datensysteme to Launch Energy Storage Solution in Germany
- Five A3 Kyocera MFPs Highly Recommended by Buyers Laboratory
- KYOCERA Named a 2014 Top Global Innovator by Thomson Reuters
- Kyocera Document Solutions Wins the WorldStar Award of the World Packaging Organisation
Manager Corporate Communications