Kyocera Document Solutions is Gold Sponsor of Sarajevo Film Festival 2012
24 May 2012
Kyocera Document Solutions today signed the Gold Sponsorship Agreement for the Sarajevo Film Festival 2012 (6th - 14th July) at the Festival’s launch event.
The event was held at the Meeting Point Café & Cinema in Sarajevo and was hosted by Kyocera Document Solution's regional representative in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Xenon Forte. It was attended by an invited celebrity audience and was followed by the Festival's Premiere Showing of the Japanese film Okuribito (Departures) directed by Yojiro Takita. Okuribito won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Movie at the 81st Oscars in 2009 and the Japan Academy Prize for Picture of the Year at the 32nd Japan Academy Awards.
“Sponsoring such a significant cultural event in Bosnia & Hercegovina is a great opportunity for Kyocera Document Solutions and our partner Xenon-forte,” said Maki Nagao, Senior Marketing Manager of Kyocera Document Solutions. “We are proud to support the great artists who participate in the Sarajevo Film Festival and strive to make our world a better place.”
The Director of Sarajevo Film Festival, Mr. Mirsad Purivatra, stated: “It is a great pleasure for us that Kyocera Document Solutions – the hi-tech company from Japan, has joined our Festival in Sarajevo as a Gold Sponsor. We are pleased that one cultural event is recognised as a communication channel and that the corporation chose this way to improve its brand awareness.”
The Sarajevo Film Festival is the largest film festival in the Balkans and one of the largest in Europe. It was founded during the siege of Sarajevo in 1995 and every year attracts international and local celebrities to the City. This year’s Festival will show more than 220 movies and expects some 100.000 visitors, of which 2.500 are accredited guests.
About Sarajevo Film Festival
In 1995, after the 4-year-long siege of Sarajevo, the Sarajevo Film Festival was founded to recreate civil society within the City. Today, the Sarajevo Film Festival represents the main meeting place for all regional producers and authors and is recognised by film experts from all over the world. The Festival offers significant networking opportunities for film professionals and educates the industry on what the facilities and talent this region has to offer.
The Sarajevo Film Festival presents a wide programme selection of both competitive and non-competitive films. The competition programme is accredited by FIAPF as a Competitive Specialised Festival. Celebrities which have already visited Sarajevo Film Festival include Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Charlotte Rampling, Michael Fassbender, Willem Dafoe, U2’s Bono, John Malkovich, Mike Leigh and Steve Buscemi.
About Kyocera Document Solutions Europe B.V.
Kyocera Document Solutions is one of the world's leading office document solutions companies. Its range of products and services includes Ecosys printers, reliable multifunctional systems, high-quality consumables, a comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and Managed Document Services (MDS). Kyocera Document Solutions provides innovative products built on a foundation of long-life components. Its customers benefit from low total cost of ownership and high efficiency in any workplace. Its solutions portfolio and Managed Document Services division help customers to reduce costs and environmental impact at the same time as improving the efficiency and reliability of common business processes. For further information, visit: www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu.
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation, which marked its 50th anniversary in 2009. Ranked no. 604 on Forbes magazine’s 2011 “Global 2000” listing of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of high-tech ceramics, electronic components, solar cells and electronic office equipment. Kyocera’s long-term growth strategy is to focus on business that supports telecommunications, information processing, environmental protection and the preservation of quality of life.
- KYOCERA sterilisation technology: innovative, affordable, environmentally friendly multilayer substrates for plasma surface treatment
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS LAUNCHES KYOCERA FLEET SERVICES
- KYOCERA to introduce super alloy, aluminium, titanium and cast iron cutting tools at AMB in September
- KYOCERA LAUNCHES 10 NEW MFPS
- KYOCERA introduces customized LED module with a colour spectrum close to sunlight for diverse applications
- KYOCERA Marks 10th Anniversary of “Green Curtains”
- Kyocera, along with RIKEN and Organ Technologies, has launched a joint research to develop a regenerative medical treatment for hair loss, targeting practical use in 2020
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS RACKS UP SIX MORE AWARDS FROM INDUSTRY’S LEADING ANALYST
- KYOCERA expands its market presence by opening a new office in Italy
- KYOCERA Develops Real Edge 600dpi Thermal Printhead for Card Printing with Enhanced Security Applications
- KYOCERA Develops World’s Smallest Thermal Printhead for Barcode Printing
- Inamori Foundation Announces Three Laureates of 2016 Kyoto Prize
- KYOCERA recognized as “Top Performer” in 2016 PV solar module reliability scorecard
- KYOCERA opens European Intellectual Property Office in Esslingen, Germany
- Kyocera introduces highly reliable and cost competitive diode modules for industrial applications
Manager Corporate Communications