Kyocera Document Solutions is Gold Sponsor of Sarajevo Film Festival 2012
24 May 2012
Kyocera Document Solutions today signed the Gold Sponsorship Agreement for the Sarajevo Film Festival 2012 (6th - 14th July) at the Festival’s launch event.
The event was held at the Meeting Point Café & Cinema in Sarajevo and was hosted by Kyocera Document Solution's regional representative in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Xenon Forte. It was attended by an invited celebrity audience and was followed by the Festival's Premiere Showing of the Japanese film Okuribito (Departures) directed by Yojiro Takita. Okuribito won the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Movie at the 81st Oscars in 2009 and the Japan Academy Prize for Picture of the Year at the 32nd Japan Academy Awards.
“Sponsoring such a significant cultural event in Bosnia & Hercegovina is a great opportunity for Kyocera Document Solutions and our partner Xenon-forte,” said Maki Nagao, Senior Marketing Manager of Kyocera Document Solutions. “We are proud to support the great artists who participate in the Sarajevo Film Festival and strive to make our world a better place.”
The Director of Sarajevo Film Festival, Mr. Mirsad Purivatra, stated: “It is a great pleasure for us that Kyocera Document Solutions – the hi-tech company from Japan, has joined our Festival in Sarajevo as a Gold Sponsor. We are pleased that one cultural event is recognised as a communication channel and that the corporation chose this way to improve its brand awareness.”
The Sarajevo Film Festival is the largest film festival in the Balkans and one of the largest in Europe. It was founded during the siege of Sarajevo in 1995 and every year attracts international and local celebrities to the City. This year’s Festival will show more than 220 movies and expects some 100.000 visitors, of which 2.500 are accredited guests.
About Sarajevo Film Festival
In 1995, after the 4-year-long siege of Sarajevo, the Sarajevo Film Festival was founded to recreate civil society within the City. Today, the Sarajevo Film Festival represents the main meeting place for all regional producers and authors and is recognised by film experts from all over the world. The Festival offers significant networking opportunities for film professionals and educates the industry on what the facilities and talent this region has to offer.
The Sarajevo Film Festival presents a wide programme selection of both competitive and non-competitive films. The competition programme is accredited by FIAPF as a Competitive Specialised Festival. Celebrities which have already visited Sarajevo Film Festival include Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Charlotte Rampling, Michael Fassbender, Willem Dafoe, U2’s Bono, John Malkovich, Mike Leigh and Steve Buscemi.
About Kyocera Document Solutions Europe B.V.
Kyocera Document Solutions is one of the world's leading office document solutions companies. Its range of products and services includes Ecosys printers, reliable multifunctional systems, high-quality consumables, a comprehensive portfolio of software solutions and Managed Document Services (MDS). Kyocera Document Solutions provides innovative products built on a foundation of long-life components. Its customers benefit from low total cost of ownership and high efficiency in any workplace. Its solutions portfolio and Managed Document Services division help customers to reduce costs and environmental impact at the same time as improving the efficiency and reliability of common business processes. For further information, visit: www.kyoceradocumentsolutions.eu.
Kyocera Document Solutions Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Kyocera Corporation, which marked its 50th anniversary in 2009. Ranked no. 604 on Forbes magazine’s 2011 “Global 2000” listing of the world’s largest publicly traded companies, Kyocera is a leading manufacturer of high-tech ceramics, electronic components, solar cells and electronic office equipment. Kyocera’s long-term growth strategy is to focus on business that supports telecommunications, information processing, environmental protection and the preservation of quality of life.
- Kyocera introduces highly reliable and cost competitive diode modules for industrial applications
- KYOCERA CONTINUES ITS SPONSORSHIP OF THE INTERNATIONAL ICE HOCKEY FEDERATION'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
- KYOCERA to Break Ground on Third Kyoto Ayabe Manufacturing Facility
- KYOCERA “Kyoto Opal” Utilized in Decorative Design of Yamaha Trombone
- Kyocera Brings Low-Temperature, High-Thermal-Conductivity Silver Sinter Paste to the European Market
- Kyocera presents innovative Magic Drill DRA: Modular drill with low cutting force for excellent drilling accuracy
- Kyocera Brings High-Temperature, High-Thermal-Conductivity Epoxy Molding Compound to the European Market
- KYOCERA: Revving up for involvement with motorsports
- KYOCERA to sponsor touring car race
- KYOCERA BOOSTS TONER RECYCLING PROGRAMME ACROSS EUROPE
- KYOCERA Strengthens IoT Business through Expansion of Software Laboratory
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. NAMED A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: MANAGED WORKFLOW SERVICES 2015 (U.S., WESTERN EUROPE, ASIA/PACIFIC)
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA TASKALFA 406CI HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY BUYERS LABORATORY
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
Manager Corporate Communications