PRODUCT DESIGN BOILED DOWN TO THE ESSENTIALS: KYOCERA CERAMIC KNIFE RECEIVES RED DOT AWARD
Amongst strong competition, the jury of Germany's most prestigious design award was won over by the knives of Kyocera’s Japan series
25 March 2014
Kyoto/Neuss − The motto of the Red Dot award for outstanding product design is “in search of excellence.” This year that search led the organizers of the renowned award to Kyocera. The company’s Japan series ceramic knives were recognized with the Red Dot award. The quality seal, which is coveted by manufacturers and product designers, was awarded to the Japanese company for its “well-considered and innovative entry.”
The Japan series prevailed over nearly 5,000 other entries from 1,900 companies in 53 countries. And for good reason: Its conceptual design and finish are inspired by traditional Japanese craftsmanship and reflect the rich cultural heritage of the land of the rising sun. The Kyocera ceramic knives that won the award combine absolute functionality with a design sensibility that is boiled down to the essentials. Together with the high technological and manufacturing standards of Kyocera, the result is a timeless and aesthetically pleasing ceramic knife.
The elegant blade is made from hand-finished black zirconia ceramic, while the handle is hand-made from pakka wood and decorated with stainless steel inlays. The corrosion-free, highly flexible knives are extremely sharp, ultra-light, and very durable thanks to the exceptional hardness of the materials used.
Kyocera has been producing ceramic knives for over 30 years and to date has sold over ten million worldwide.
“The Red Dot award not only recognizes the exceptional design of our ceramic knives, it also underlines the high technical standards of our production processes and the precision of our products. We value the award even more highly because the competition this year was so strong and the general level of the entries was so high,” noted Rafael Schröer, Managing Director of Kyocera in Germany, in regard to the victory.
The quality seal, which is recognized around the world, will be officially awarded on July 7, 2014 as part of the Red Dot gala. The Japan series will subsequently be displayed in the Red Dot design museum in Essen, Germany.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS BENEFITS FROM 360-DEGREE CUSTOMER VIEW
- KYOCERA Corporation Names Hideo Tanimoto as New President
- ORGANISATIONAL CHANGE STRENGTHENS KDC LEADERSHIP TEAM
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA presents sushi tips from a professional chef: How to make the Japanese specialty dish at home
- KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
- New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
- Ambiente 2017: KYOCERA will present its new Shin knife series, featuring an innovative ceramic blade
- KYOCERA wins another award in recognition of its commitment to environmental protection
- KYOCERA Optical Blood-Flow Sensor is Among World’s Smallest for Wearable Devices, Smartphones
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA EXPANSION INTO ICT SECTOR BROADENED WITH ANNODATA ACQUISITION
- CRN CHANNEL CHAMPION 2016: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS GERMANY WINS TWO AWARDS
- KYOCERA, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Tokyo Century and Yonden Engineering Complete 14.5MW Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
Manager Corporate Communications