KYOCERA Develops Robust FPC/FFC Connector with 0.5mm Pitch
New 6811-Series connectors reduce breakage from improper insertion, ideal for mobile devices
21 November 2016
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Connector Products Corporation (President: Yoji Date; herein “Kyocera”) announced that it has developed a 0.5mm-pitch flexible printed circuit / flexible flat cable (FPC/FFC) connector with a suite of features to enhance productivity in robust assembly operations. The new 6811-Series will go on sale November 28.
Mobile phones and related devices have created rising demand for smaller, thinner FPC/FFC connectors. These connectors require delicate handling in the assembly process and may be damaged by improper insertion or unintentional manual contacts with certain parts. Kyocera’s highly robust 6809 Series electronic connectors, introduced in 2014, were designed with this challenge in mind and have performed well.
Kyocera’s newly developed 6811 Series follows the same concept, but has been enhanced with even more robust features. It has a pitch of 0.5mm, profile height of 1.28mm, and is available in 4 to 16 pins. The 6811 Series connector features bottom contacts, a front locking mechanism, and connects applicable FPC/FFC with a thickness of 0.3mm. Despite its space-saving profile and low pin counts, robustness has been enhanced with metal brackets which prevent cables from being lifted up out of the connector. In addition, the 6811 helps increase assembly efficiency by using tabbed FPC/FFC, preventing contact misalignment from oblique or shallow insertions and enabling visual confirmation of correct insertion.
1. Saves space
The new connector saves space with its low pitch of 0.5mm and profile height of 1.28mm.
2. Robust design prevents unlocking and connector breakage from FPC/FFC being lifted unintentionally
Strong metal brackets prevent actuators from being unlocked and minimize connector breakage from unintentional lifting of mated FPC/FFC during the assembly process.
3. Prevents misaligned contacts and incomplete mating
Use of FPC/FFC with tabbed cables prevents contact misalignment from oblique or shallow insertions, and enables visual confirmation of proper mating conditions.
4. Reduces damage from errors in actuator operation
Robust structure that prevents damage from moving the actuator in the wrong direction or inserting FPC/FFC too forcibly.
5. Enables FPC/FFC to be fixed with actuator locks
Actuator that locks FPC/FFC with tabbed cables ensures reliable connection even if the FPC/FFC is pulled forcibly, minimizing or eliminating the likelihood of deforming the contacts or connector structure.
6. Packaged in tape and reel (4,000pieces/reel)
7. RoHS compliant and halogen-free
|No. of Pins||4 to 16||FPC/FFC |
|Pitch||0.5 mm||Rated Current||DC 0.5A/Contact|
|Height||1.28 mm||Rated Voltage||DC 50V/Contact|
|Width||4.79 mm||Materials||Copper alloy /Heat resistant |
|Locking Type||Front lock||Operating Temperature Range||-40 to +85℃|
|Contact Position||Bottom||D.W. Voltage||AC |
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- A showcase of excellence as KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. walks away with four iF DESIGN Awards
- KYOCERA presents sushi tips from a professional chef: How to make the Japanese specialty dish at home
- KYOCERA Introduces New “rafre” Washable Smartphone
- New KYOCERA 7129 Series Board to Board Connector Helps Reduce Charging Times for Mobile Devices
- Ambiente 2017: KYOCERA will present its new Shin knife series, featuring an innovative ceramic blade
- KYOCERA wins another award in recognition of its commitment to environmental protection
- KYOCERA Optical Blood-Flow Sensor is Among World’s Smallest for Wearable Devices, Smartphones
- KYOCERA Kyoto Opal Used in Textile for First Time, Provides Seven-Color Sparkle
- KYOCERA EXPANSION INTO ICT SECTOR BROADENED WITH ANNODATA ACQUISITION
- CRN CHANNEL CHAMPION 2016: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS GERMANY WINS TWO AWARDS
- KYOCERA, Mitsubishi Research Institute, Tokyo Century and Yonden Engineering Complete 14.5MW Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2016 FOR FOUR A4 PRINTERS AND MFPS
- A CELEBRATION OF ACHIEVEMENT: KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS AWARDS TOP EMEA SERVICE TECHNICIANS
- KYOCERA Develops Robust FPC/FFC Connector with 0.5mm Pitch
- KYOCERA TASKALFA 3252CI HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY BUYERS LABORATORY
Manager Corporate Communications