KYOCERA Develops Robust FPC/FFC Connector with 0.5mm Pitch
New 6811-Series connectors reduce breakage from improper insertion, ideal for mobile devices
21 November 2016
Kyoto/Neuss – Kyocera Connector Products Corporation (President: Yoji Date; herein “Kyocera”) announced that it has developed a 0.5mm-pitch flexible printed circuit / flexible flat cable (FPC/FFC) connector with a suite of features to enhance productivity in robust assembly operations. The new 6811-Series will go on sale November 28.
Mobile phones and related devices have created rising demand for smaller, thinner FPC/FFC connectors. These connectors require delicate handling in the assembly process and may be damaged by improper insertion or unintentional manual contacts with certain parts. Kyocera’s highly robust 6809 Series electronic connectors, introduced in 2014, were designed with this challenge in mind and have performed well.
Kyocera’s newly developed 6811 Series follows the same concept, but has been enhanced with even more robust features. It has a pitch of 0.5mm, profile height of 1.28mm, and is available in 4 to 16 pins. The 6811 Series connector features bottom contacts, a front locking mechanism, and connects applicable FPC/FFC with a thickness of 0.3mm. Despite its space-saving profile and low pin counts, robustness has been enhanced with metal brackets which prevent cables from being lifted up out of the connector. In addition, the 6811 helps increase assembly efficiency by using tabbed FPC/FFC, preventing contact misalignment from oblique or shallow insertions and enabling visual confirmation of correct insertion.
1. Saves space
The new connector saves space with its low pitch of 0.5mm and profile height of 1.28mm.
2. Robust design prevents unlocking and connector breakage from FPC/FFC being lifted unintentionally
Strong metal brackets prevent actuators from being unlocked and minimize connector breakage from unintentional lifting of mated FPC/FFC during the assembly process.
3. Prevents misaligned contacts and incomplete mating
Use of FPC/FFC with tabbed cables prevents contact misalignment from oblique or shallow insertions, and enables visual confirmation of proper mating conditions.
4. Reduces damage from errors in actuator operation
Robust structure that prevents damage from moving the actuator in the wrong direction or inserting FPC/FFC too forcibly.
5. Enables FPC/FFC to be fixed with actuator locks
Actuator that locks FPC/FFC with tabbed cables ensures reliable connection even if the FPC/FFC is pulled forcibly, minimizing or eliminating the likelihood of deforming the contacts or connector structure.
6. Packaged in tape and reel (4,000pieces/reel)
7. RoHS compliant and halogen-free
|No. of Pins||4 to 16||FPC/FFC |
|Pitch||0.5 mm||Rated Current||DC 0.5A/Contact|
|Height||1.28 mm||Rated Voltage||DC 50V/Contact|
|Width||4.79 mm||Materials||Copper alloy /Heat resistant |
|Locking Type||Front lock||Operating Temperature Range||-40 to +85℃|
|Contact Position||Bottom||D.W. Voltage||AC |
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
Contact for journalists
Manager Corporate Communications
Contact for product information
- New KYOCERA Electronic Connectors Offer World’s Highest Mating Tolerance, Withstand up to +125°C
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 29.2MW Solar Power Plant on Repurposed Land in Japan
- KYOCERA’s New Industrial Cutting Tool with Ultra-Durable Coating Materials Maximizes Steel Cutting Performance
- KYOCERA offers sustainable and premium-quality coffee enjoyment with the new Coffee Grinder EG-70CF
- KYOCERA Enters into License Agreement with Bosch
- KYOCERA exhibited Fine Ceramic Components at Germany’s Hannover Messe
- KYOCERA Named Among Top 100 Global Innovators by Clarivate Analytics
- KYOCERA Introduces New LCD Panels for Automotive Head-Up-Displays
- EXCEPTIONAL RELIABILITY & PERFORMANCE EARN KYOCERA SEVEN BLI 2018 WINTER PICK AWARDS
- KYOCERA Files Suit Against Preh GmbH for Potential Infringement of Haptic Feedback Technology Patent
- KYOCERA to Build New Plant in Kagoshima, Japan, for Ceramic Microelectronic Packages
- TAKUYA MARUBAYASHI APPOINTED NEW PRESIDENT OF KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EMEA
- KYOCERA’s New Air-Cooled UV Curing Light is World’s Smallest, Lightest and Most Powerful
- KYOCERA TCL Solar begins operation of Japan’s largest 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- KYOCERA Introduces New Z-series Clock Oscillators