KYOCERA WINS VOLVO CARS AWARD OF EXCELLENCE 2013
19 December 2013
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera has received a prestigious prize from Volvo Cars. In the Special Award category, Kyocera Display won the Volvo Cars Award of Excellence 2013 for flexibility and reliability in product supply. The official awards ceremony took place at Volvo Cars in Gothenburg, Sweden on December 18.
Kyocera won the award for its supply of the user-programmable instrument displays that are built into cars such as the latest Volvo Car models S60 and S80. The high-resolution displays are so quick to respond that their pointers are capable of providing information in real-time with almost no lag.
What impressed Volvo most of all was the fact that Kyocera was able to respond flexibly and extremely fast to the unexpectedly high demand for their models which utilize the Kyocera displays.
Supported by the market success, Volvo decided to change the 50/50 split between the top and the standard instrumentation version for an 80/20 distribution in favor of Kyocera Display.
“We are thrilled about the award,” said Manfred Sauer, Head of Sales & Marketing, Kyocera Display Europe GmbH, in regards to the prize. “It shows that Kyocera is capable of responding with great flexibility to changes in unit volume and of meeting clients’ requests with one hundred percent satisfaction.”
Each year, Volvo Cars invites its partners from the supplier industry to participate in the Volvo Cars Award of Excellence and the Volvo Quality Excellence Award. Kyocera succeeded in winning the jury over by reliably delivering higher quantities on time.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA Document Solutions revolutionises A4 printing
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS WINS GOOD DESIGN AWARD 2015 FOR A4 COLOUR MFPS
- KYOCERA introduces TFT-LCDs with Projected Capacitive Touchscreens for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA Document Solutions Inc. Positioned in Visionaries' Quadrant in 2015 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Managed Print and Content Services
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Begins Construction on 13.7MW Floating Solar Power Plant
- Kyocera will present its new Fuji and Kizuna knife series at Ambiente 2016
- KYOCERA Expands Number of Solar Recharging Stations in Japan as Electric Vehicle Use Grows
- KYOCERA Receives Environment Minister’s Award in Japan for Record 6th Consecutive Year
- KYOCERA ANNOUNCES GOOGLE CLOUD PRINTING
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Completes 8.5MW Solar Power Plant on Reclaimed Island on Japan’s Largest Lake
- KYOCERA Launches Highly Robust Printhead for Digital Textile Printing
- KYOCERA Develops World’s First Platinum-Free Soot-Sensing Element for Diesel Engines
- Kyocera Showcases The Benefits Of The Digital Transformation At The Gartner Symposium 2015
- KYOCERA Acquires Turkish Distributor and Creates New Sales Company
- KYOCERA Announces New Mobile Device-based Support Service in Japan for Healthy Lifestyle Modification*
Manager Corporate Communications