KYOCERA WINS VOLVO CARS AWARD OF EXCELLENCE 2013
19 December 2013
Kyoto / Neuss – Kyocera has received a prestigious prize from Volvo Cars. In the Special Award category, Kyocera Display won the Volvo Cars Award of Excellence 2013 for flexibility and reliability in product supply. The official awards ceremony took place at Volvo Cars in Gothenburg, Sweden on December 18.
Kyocera won the award for its supply of the user-programmable instrument displays that are built into cars such as the latest Volvo Car models S60 and S80. The high-resolution displays are so quick to respond that their pointers are capable of providing information in real-time with almost no lag.
What impressed Volvo most of all was the fact that Kyocera was able to respond flexibly and extremely fast to the unexpectedly high demand for their models which utilize the Kyocera displays.
Supported by the market success, Volvo decided to change the 50/50 split between the top and the standard instrumentation version for an 80/20 distribution in favor of Kyocera Display.
“We are thrilled about the award,” said Manfred Sauer, Head of Sales & Marketing, Kyocera Display Europe GmbH, in regards to the prize. “It shows that Kyocera is capable of responding with great flexibility to changes in unit volume and of meeting clients’ requests with one hundred percent satisfaction.”
Each year, Volvo Cars invites its partners from the supplier industry to participate in the Volvo Cars Award of Excellence and the Volvo Quality Excellence Award. Kyocera succeeded in winning the jury over by reliably delivering higher quantities on time.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- Inamori Foundation Announces Three Laureates of 2017 Kyoto Prize
- New KYOCERA Ceramic RFID Package With Embedded Antenna Increases Read Range up to 2X
- Toshiba Materials and Kyocera Agree to Collaborate on Development and Production of Nitride Ceramic Components
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS EUROPE ACHIEVES ISO27001 CERTIFICATION
- Kyocera Announces Innovative Epoxy Molding Compound, High-Thermal-Conductive Silver Sintering Paste and Revolutionary TOROKERU Sheet
- Kyocera Display Europe Appoints Manfred Sauer President
- Kyocera, Gaia Power, Kyudenko and Tokyo Century Announce Groundbreaking of 92MW Solar Power Plant in Japan
- KYOCERA FOUNDER DR INAMORI OPENS KYOTO PRIZE AT OXFORD WITH PROFOUND EXPLORATION OF SOCIETY TODAY
- KYOCERA founder Dr Kazuo Inamori to open inaugural Kyoto Prize at Oxford lectures
- KYOCERA Develops World’s Smallest Crystal Unit for Smartphones, Wearables
- KYOCERA Launches Lowest Cost IoT Service in Japan in Partnership with SIGFOX
- KYOCERA CROWNED GERMANY’S TOP PRINTING SUPPLIER IN NATIONAL SURVEY OF SALES PROFESSIONALS
- KYOCERA Workflow Manager Launched to Enhance Business-Critical Document Processes
- ew KYOCERA a-Si Photoreceptor Drum for Document Equipment Improves Durability, Reduces Internal Friction by 30 Percent
- KYOCERA: CHANGE WITH CONTINUITY
Manager Corporate Communications