KYOCERA PRESENTS NEW CUTTING TOOL SOLUTIONS AT EMO HANNOVER TRADE FAIR
02 September 2013
Kyoto/Neuss – At this year’s EMO, the leading trade fair for metalworking in Hannover (Germany), Kyocera presents its latest innovative products in the field of cutting tools: the MRW milling cutter with round insert and the new CVD coated carbide grade CA5 series. The MRW cutter adopts a double-sided round insert with the new grades CA6535 and PR1535 which enable extremely high-efficiency machining. The CA5 series delivers excellent abrasion resistance and fracture resistance — 1.5-times higher than conventional grades.
EMO Hannover is a globally leading fair for metal processing and features around 2,000 exhibitors which bring a comprehensive, state-of-the-art offering in the field of metal processing technology, including everything from machine tools, precision tools and automation components, to complete systems in customer orientated alignments. A selection of special events, seminars and congresses will supply the visitor with additional industry knowledge. The Kyocera booth can be found in Hall 5, Stand A60.
MRW – Milling cutter with round insert
Kyocera’s new MRW milling cutter with round insert responds to the challenges which milling cutters for difficult-to-cut materials face today, with excellent machining and economy by utilizing a multi cutting edge design.
The MRW is Kyocera’s first milling cutter with double-sided, 8-edge round inserts. From an economical point of view, the double-sided insert is a superior approach, however it often causes high cutting force because a negative type insert normally provides less axial rake angle.
To cope with this challenge, Kyocera developed a new cutting edge design with a double-side insert by using a unique pressing tool technology which achieves both high productivity due to reduced cutting force with a sharp but tough cutting edge and high cost efficiency with eight cutting edges.
For the MRW, two new insert grades CA6535 and PR1535 have been developed which show excellent performance in the prevention of sudden fractures and enable more stable machining in difficult-to-cut materials such as heat-resistant super alloys and titanium alloys.
CA5 series – CVD coated carbide grade for steel turning
The second solution from Kyocera to be newly shown at the EMO is the CA5 series of insert grades for steel turning. The grades CA510, CA515, CA525 and CA530 achieve better abrasion resistance and fracture resistance than conventional grades; and they feature a brand new CVD coating on each original carbide substrate. Kyocera’s comprehensive know-how in coating technology allows the realization of a 1.4-times higher adhesion to the carbide substrates compared to previous grades. As a result, the new CA5 series can provide long tool life as well as chipping resistance.
This series covers varied machining process of steel from high speed continuous cutting to heavy interrupted cutting with its wide and complete range between P10 and P30.
“With both of our new products, the new MRW milling cutter and the new CVD coated carbide CA5 series, our experience and expertise in the metalworking industry enables us to further enhance customer’s productivity and reduce both machining and tool costs. These factors are important preconditions for the intelligent production that our clients demand in this day and age,” comments Joachim Neumann, Engineering Manager Kyocera Unimerco Tooling GmbH.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- Kyocera unveils KYOCERA Net Manager; a solution that automates processes to improve business productivity
- KYOCERA TCL Solar Inaugurates Floating Mega Solar Power Plants in Hyogo Prefecture, Japan
- KYOCERA Unimerco to Acquire Lithuanian Woodworking Tool Manufacturer, Making it a Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- KYOCERA Starts R&D on World’s First High-Accuracy Bovine Estrus Sensor
- KYOCERA Develops New Cermet Grades for Cutting Tools Industry
- Kyocera Document Solutions INC appoints Takashi Kuki as president
- KYOCERA introduces small-format LCDs with increased temperature range for industrial applications
- Kyocera continues its sponsorship of the International Ice Hockey Federation's World Championship
- Kyocera, Energetik and Solare Datensysteme to Launch Energy Storage Solution in Germany
- Five A3 Kyocera MFPs Highly Recommended by Buyers Laboratory
- KYOCERA Named a 2014 Top Global Innovator by Thomson Reuters
- Kyocera Document Solutions Wins the WorldStar Award of the World Packaging Organisation
- KYOCERA to Exhibit Ultra-Ruggedized “TORQUE” Smartphone for the First Time in Europe at MWC 2015
- Kyocera opens new inkjet test lab in Esslingen
- Test Facilities at KYOCERA Document Solutions’ R&D Center Receive International Standard ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation for Chemical Emissions
Manager Corporate Communications