KYOCERA PRESENTS NEW CUTTING TOOL SOLUTIONS AT EMO HANNOVER TRADE FAIR
02 September 2013
Kyoto/Neuss – At this year’s EMO, the leading trade fair for metalworking in Hannover (Germany), Kyocera presents its latest innovative products in the field of cutting tools: the MRW milling cutter with round insert and the new CVD coated carbide grade CA5 series. The MRW cutter adopts a double-sided round insert with the new grades CA6535 and PR1535 which enable extremely high-efficiency machining. The CA5 series delivers excellent abrasion resistance and fracture resistance — 1.5-times higher than conventional grades.
EMO Hannover is a globally leading fair for metal processing and features around 2,000 exhibitors which bring a comprehensive, state-of-the-art offering in the field of metal processing technology, including everything from machine tools, precision tools and automation components, to complete systems in customer orientated alignments. A selection of special events, seminars and congresses will supply the visitor with additional industry knowledge. The Kyocera booth can be found in Hall 5, Stand A60.
MRW – Milling cutter with round insert
Kyocera’s new MRW milling cutter with round insert responds to the challenges which milling cutters for difficult-to-cut materials face today, with excellent machining and economy by utilizing a multi cutting edge design.
The MRW is Kyocera’s first milling cutter with double-sided, 8-edge round inserts. From an economical point of view, the double-sided insert is a superior approach, however it often causes high cutting force because a negative type insert normally provides less axial rake angle.
To cope with this challenge, Kyocera developed a new cutting edge design with a double-side insert by using a unique pressing tool technology which achieves both high productivity due to reduced cutting force with a sharp but tough cutting edge and high cost efficiency with eight cutting edges.
For the MRW, two new insert grades CA6535 and PR1535 have been developed which show excellent performance in the prevention of sudden fractures and enable more stable machining in difficult-to-cut materials such as heat-resistant super alloys and titanium alloys.
CA5 series – CVD coated carbide grade for steel turning
The second solution from Kyocera to be newly shown at the EMO is the CA5 series of insert grades for steel turning. The grades CA510, CA515, CA525 and CA530 achieve better abrasion resistance and fracture resistance than conventional grades; and they feature a brand new CVD coating on each original carbide substrate. Kyocera’s comprehensive know-how in coating technology allows the realization of a 1.4-times higher adhesion to the carbide substrates compared to previous grades. As a result, the new CA5 series can provide long tool life as well as chipping resistance.
This series covers varied machining process of steel from high speed continuous cutting to heavy interrupted cutting with its wide and complete range between P10 and P30.
“With both of our new products, the new MRW milling cutter and the new CVD coated carbide CA5 series, our experience and expertise in the metalworking industry enables us to further enhance customer’s productivity and reduce both machining and tool costs. These factors are important preconditions for the intelligent production that our clients demand in this day and age,” comments Joachim Neumann, Engineering Manager Kyocera Unimerco Tooling GmbH.
For more information about Kyocera: www.kyocera.eu
- KYOCERA to Break Ground on Third Kyoto Ayabe Manufacturing Facility
- KYOCERA “Kyoto Opal” Utilized in Decorative Design of Yamaha Trombone
- Kyocera Brings Low-Temperature, High-Thermal-Conductivity Silver Sinter Paste to the European Market
- Kyocera presents innovative Magic Drill DRA: Modular drill with low cutting force for excellent drilling accuracy
- Kyocera Brings High-Temperature, High-Thermal-Conductivity Epoxy Molding Compound to the European Market
- KYOCERA: Revving up for involvement with motorsports
- KYOCERA to sponsor touring car race
- KYOCERA BOOSTS TONER RECYCLING PROGRAMME ACROSS EUROPE
- KYOCERA Strengthens IoT Business through Expansion of Software Laboratory
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. NAMED A "MAJOR PLAYER" IN IDC MARKETSCAPE: MANAGED WORKFLOW SERVICES 2015 (U.S., WESTERN EUROPE, ASIA/PACIFIC)
- KYOCERA introduces Wide-Screen, Super High Brightness TFT-LCD for Industrial Applications
- KYOCERA TASKALFA 406CI HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BY BUYERS LABORATORY
- Kyocera registers trademark Haptivity® for its proprietary touch feeling technology and continues further development
- KYOCERA Named a 2015 Top 100 Global Innovator by Thomson Reuters
- KYOCERA DOCUMENT SOLUTIONS INC. PROVIDES NUANCE'S AUTOSTORE 7.0 ON ITS HYPAS-ENABLED MFPS
Manager Corporate Communications